Friday, May 25, 2012

Numbers


  • Number of books I’ve read: 12 (This number is incredibly low for a PCV – probably because I have electricity and internet, and I also have actual work to do at the nursing school.)
  • Number of movies I’ve watched: 58 movies and 3 seasons of Mad Men
  • Average number of hours per day I work on the computer at school: 5
  • Number of nursing students I’ve taught:  11 in Social Psychology 
  • Number of databases I’m working on: 3
  • Number of times I went to the Peace Corps Medical Office: 1 (to get off Mefloquine)
  • Average number of hours of sleep per night: 3-4 on Mefloquine, 7-8 off Mefloquine 
  • Number of months without running water: 5
  • Average number of times I bathe per week: 3
  • Average number of apples I eat per week: 5
  • Average number of tomatoes I eat per week: 10
  • Number of jars of peanut butter I’ve eaten since moving to site: 3 
  • Average number of hours per day on the internet: 2
  • Average number of times I see other PCVs: 2 weekends per month
  • Number of times per month I call Mom & Dad: 2-3
  • Number of towns/villages I’ve stayed (overnight) at in Uganda: 14
  • Number of care packages I’ve received: 23
  • Number of pictures I’ve taken: 864 (plus another 600 photos that other people took)
  • Number of times I’ve rearranged the furniture in my house: 3
  • Average number of times per month I go out to eat (in Arua): 2
  • Amount of weight I’ve lost or gained since arriving in Uganda: -10 lbs.
  • Average number of miles I bike per week: 24
  • Number of US dollars I make per month: approx. $306.00
  • Number of months left in my Peace Corps service: 17 
 Want to know any other numbers?  Just ask!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting statistics, Laura! I think the bike riding and weight loss go hand in hand -- not to mention the limited diet. Thank goodness you stopped taking the Mefloquine because 3-4 hours of sleep per night is not enough! Wendy and I would be interested in knowing the average number of spiders you find in your house per week -- she is extremely fearful of spiders! I love reading your blog and hearing about your amazing adventures. And hopefully #24 will arrive soon :) Much love and a big hug to you, Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, that was me that deleted my comment above. I wanted to update my profile and add my name and then couldn't figure out how to delete the whole entry :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura,
    Your "Numbers" gave us another interesting point of view of your life in Uganda. Thanks for the shout-out with the number of times you call home! You know it's always such a relief for us to hear your voice. I'm glad you've created a rhythm of life that includes working, relaxing, shopping, socializing and traveling -- among other things. Be on the look-out for care package #25.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number of hugs you will receive when you come home in September: 467

    ReplyDelete