Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Orphanage

¡Pura vida!

Today we met the boys at the orphanage and started working. There are only 4 boys there right now, and they were eager to have visitors and people to play with. We started with a game of basketball (they've got some moves!), then frisbee, and futbol. They really just wanted to hang out with us, so they helped us paint too. We got most of the exterior done with its first coat of paint and we're also painting 2 bedrooms.

We only work from 8-12, so we're back to homebase in time for lunch. Then in the afternoon we have culture classes - today was History (of Costa Rica) and I also took 2 Spanish classes. I've forgotten so much! I really just need to spend a month or 2 here and get immersed in it. ;)

I must say that this blog idea isn't working out as well as I had hoped. Computer access is difficult (there was a massive thunderstorm today that knocked the power out in the entire town). I will just have post all of my pictures on Shutterfly when I get back and put the link on here next weekend.

Much love,
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the pictures but I love hearing about your days! Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your blog entries so I think it's working out just fine. I'll bet it's beautiful there––can't wait to see your pictures next week.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete