Monday, May 3, 2010

4:30am . . . freakin' roosters man.

Pura Vida is like pseudo-camping. I'm staying in a tentalow (although there are suites here too). The bathroom facilities are pretty good - there's hot water and everything! :) But because this is a private resort, the Costa Rican culture is somewhat lacking. Everyone here speaks English and we're not really interacting with the local people. I've got some day trips planned, but they're tourist destinations. Nevertheless, this place is gorgeous and the food is AMAZING! I feel like my body is completely detoxing by only eating fresh fruit and food baked from scratch. Not to mention all of the bodywork and energywork offered here.

Today we had class all day . . . and we only learned myoskeletal alignment for the neck muscles. There's just so much going on in that area of the body and so many muscles to work on. And it felt really good, since my neck was still sore from the airplane. This is such a cool technique - it's like massage + physical therapy + chiropractic work (but not cracking bones). If anyone is interested in a session, let me know!

Did I mention it's the beginning of the rainy season? Everyday a thunderstorm rolls in around 1:00pm - today it knocked out the power. We gave each other massage in the dark with lightning, thunder, and pouring rain in the background. I liked it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment