Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm in Africa.

Up until this week, my only exposure of Uganda has been Kampala (the capital) and Wakiso (the small town where training is).  It’s been an urban experience full of traffic, pollution, and crowds.  The 8-hour bus ride to Arua was the first time I got out of the Kampala district and saw the rest of the country.

Uganda’s countryside is stunning.  I watched the landscape change from the populated districts to lush, green forests; then to rolling hills; then to tall grasslands across the horizon.  This country is absolutely beautiful.  We crossed over Karuma Falls and caught a glimpse of the raging waters.  And then, as we approached the Nile River, we saw a group of elephants grazing on the prairie.  And that’s when I truly realized that I’m in Africa.


1 comment:

  1. How exciting Laura!! I love to read your blog and check in to see how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete