Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I thought this week was going to be easy.

Last night after I blogged, I decided to look through my orientation binder for the public health program.  I found that there is a schedule printed out for the entire first semester.  To my surprise, classes are starting tomorrow (Wednesday) - not September 25th like the rest of the university.  I guess it's a good thing I got here early.

During orientation this morning, we were given our first homework assignment (due on Friday) and we were informed that there is a statistics test on Thursday.  It's more of an assessment - but either way, I need study up a little on health statistics.

I'm slightly overwhelmed with school at the moment, probably because I'm also dealing with cultural adjustment and jet lag.  I have had no time to open a bank account, get a bus pass, register with a doctor, or look into phone services; I still haven't even registered yet (so no student id).  My room is a disaster and I haven't even unpacked the box of kitchen utensils/cookware that I ordered.  I'm completely scatter-brained from all of the chaos around me right now.  And all I want to do is watch a movie and sleep.

If I can manage to complete all of the previously mentioned tasks by Friday, then I'll be fine.  That's my goal.

2 comments:

  1. Take it one thing at a time, do the MOST important things first. You got this...you beat back a snake, smashed spiders, chased out bugs and mosquitos, had stomachache in pouring rain, sweat, you had molded food, a stomach virus and bike rides in torrential downpousr!You rode buses for hours in dirt and dust!You got this. You chased monkeys and goats off your porch and danced dangerously close with gorillas! You got this.Hope thigns are going smoother now!Love you babe, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry~I need spell check in my posts! Downpours and things...spelled correctly! haha

    ReplyDelete