Sunday, April 13, 2014

Geneva - Part 2

I've been a bad blogger.  I never finished writing about my trip to Geneva - mainly because there was no internet in the hotel we stayed at.  :(  Then two days after I got back to Leeds, Mom & Dad arrived in the UK and I've been traveling with them ever since - but again, have failed to blog about it.  So let me catch up.

Geneva - Part 2
After four days of lectures, Saturday was our first free day.  My friends and I spent it wandering around Geneva's city center and Lake Geneva.



The REAL Lake Geneva

My friends & I on a boat taxi across the lake

Brunswick Monument

On Sunday, we had the option to sign up for a day trip to Mont Blanc (in France).  Of course, I signed up.  ;)  We took a cable car to the peak of the mountain and enjoyed the view of the Alps.  We were also able to go to a glacier in the Alps and walk through the ice caves.  It was amazing!



"Touching the Void" - standing in glass box over the mountains

Ice Caves - Mer De Glace

Ice Caves - Mer De Glace

Eventually, I will blog about my trip across England (with Mom and Dad), but right now I'm exhausted at the end of each day.  When I get back to Leeds (and during dissertation research breaks), I'll write about all the activities and sites we went to.

No comments:

Post a Comment