Friday, October 5, 2012

London Layover

Yep, I actually made out of Heathrow this time!  I took the tube into central London (it took about an hour).  Then I hopped on the Thames Clippers for a round-trip boat tour on the river.  It was one of the cheaper sight-seeing options and was very relaxing.  :)  The weather was partly cloudy, but windy and cold!  I was grateful that the seating on the boat was 'indoor' - although the reflection from the windows messed up some pics.  Oh well.  It was still a nice ride.

Big Ben and Parliament

London Bridge (The big flag was on the front of the boat.)

Me

Tower of London

Trafalgar Tavern

After the boat tour, I still had some time to kill before going back to the airport.  But I have a tendency to get lost when wandering around a city for the first time, so I stayed close to the train station.  And right there was a Starbuck's - one final Pumpkin Spice Latte before going back to Uganda.  Delicious.

5 comments:

  1. Love the pics:) Miss u already. It was WONDERFUL seeing you:) You looked awesome and happy:)Excited for you!Love, Aunt Linda...love the London Bridge picture and the one of u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you at the wedding..even though we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time together..it was still good to see you. I have some fun pics to look at of us in the photo booth....they are too funny! lol Well, I look forward to many more blogs from Uganda this next year. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, It was GREAT to see you and spend time with you. So glad you've made it back safely and that you made an adventure out of your trip back! The pics are great! I love London and you saw some great spots!! Looking forward to more blogs and news of a potential new gig in Uganda. Lots of love, Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good picts. London is definitely on my list of places to see. It's always convenient traveling to somewhere that English is the native language :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. London is great. I'm glad you got to see some main sites in your layover! :)

    ReplyDelete