Friday, April 26, 2013

Dear Anonymous,

“Life seems to be one long holiday.  Do the Peace Corps work?”

Clearly you have not read my previous blog posts regarding my classroom teaching, involvement in youth camps, grant writing, nutrition outreaches, or work with the Gender and Development Committee.  I don’t write about my everyday tasks at the nursing school (filing papers in student records, typing notes for the principal or setting exams) because it’s just not as interesting as say gorilla tracking.

Peace Corps Volunteers accrue vacation days throughout our service and we are also allowed 2 weekends per month to travel.  I take full advantage of these benefits to see as much of Africa as I can.  I take loads of pictures and have a lot to say about those experiences, so they tend to be my lengthier blog posts.

I felt the need to respond to your comment because my blog does not reflect my daily life.  I just like to write about the exciting parts, i.e. vacations and snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment